My Renovation Blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

Hospital Update #2

Whose body can even fight off Ambien?  MINE can!

It all started last night when despite the fact I was dead tired, I couldn't even close my eyes.  Finally at around 11 p.m. (which is LATE for me!), my nurse offered me Ambien, which I rejected because I have this thing about taking drugs when I'm pregnant (I did this with percocet after my c/s, and believe me, I won't be making that mistake again).

So for the next 2.5 hours, I lay wide awake.  Not the awake where you are sort of sleeping, or tossing and turning, but the staring at the ceiling, watching tv, playing online, checking your phone kind of wide awake.  I got so frustrated that at 1:30 a.m., I finally asked the nurse if I could have an Ambien.  She is SO sweet- they are not supposed to give them out past 11 p.m., but I think she just felt so bad for me that she gave me one anyway.  She also asked if I wanted to play soft music or anything, and I told what I really needed was a fan because we sleep with a fan at home...she offered to go find a fan for my room!  How sweet is she?!  She never did, but at least she tried.

I was so excited for the Ambien to kick in, but I don't think it ever did.  I believe at most, I got two small stints of 30 minutes of sleep each from about 3:30 to 4:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.

I blame the hospital beds.  I really don't remember them being THIS uncomfortable last time, but it's like sleeping on a slab of concrete with 2 pieces of cardboard for pillows.  Really, is anyone able to sleep in the hospital???  Gary is bringing my pillow from home today so I think that will help tremendously! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment