My Renovation Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Aprons, Burritos and Baby




I made Ella this cute little apron to carry around all her treasures.  She loves using her "purses", which can just be a reusable grocery bag, and filling them up with random toys so I think she'll love to tie this around her waist and fill it with toys.  I'm trying to save it for Christmas, but I may give it to her sooner.  I'm thinking of selling these in my Etsy store soon!

Breakfast Burritos
Does anyone else's husband love breakfast burritos?  I think it's a guy thing.  Gary loves them so I've been constantly buying those two pack of breakfast burritos at Trader Joes for him, but they are super small and around $3.00 (he can easily eat 2 at once so that adds up to $21/week if he eats them everyday!).  I got the idea online to make them from scratch in bulk and freeze them yourself!  Brilliant!

You can use whatever you like, but I did an entire bag of frozen breakfast potatoes mixed with about 3/4 cup chopped onions, some butter and salt and pepper.  I separately cooked about 12-14 eggs, to which I added 7 pieces of crumbled bacon.  Gary wanted sausage instead of bacon, but I had bacon left over from another recipe that I didn't want to waste so he'll have to wait until the next batch for sausage!  Now, if these were for me, you can be sure I'd add a bunch of shredded cheese to each burrito, but Gary wouldn't let me add cheese.  :(




This made NINE large burritos (it would have made 10, but I saved some of the insides for me to eat for breakfast)!  Easy and cheap!  After you make them, you throw them into the freezer like this to flash freeze them before you individually wrap them up.

BABY BOY
We had another perinatologist appointment today.  We finally got to see baby boy in 4D (he's never been in the right position previously), but I can't remember if he looks like Ella.  I'm not big on posting ultrasound photos online, but if I can find Ella's 4D u/s photos, I may post one of each to see if you think they look alike yet. :)

He weighs 3 lbs. 7 oz., which seems really big to me for 31 weeks, but she said it's the 40th percentile so I guess it's not that big.  Ella was 4 lbs. 6 oz. at 33 weeks.

I'm really starting to feel like complete CRAP all.the.time., and I'm swelling like a beast (honestly, my face is like 6 times it's normal size and looks deformed), but my blood pressure was only 100 over 60 today so I'll take the swelling as long as my BP and protein in my urine stay low!!!!!!  Nonetheless, based on my swelling alone, it's looking less and less likely that I'll make it anywhere near January. :(

3 comments:

  1. Will they induce you just for swelling even if you don't have pre-e?

    We'd love to come up and visit while you and E are stuck at home on bedrest. Any random Thursday works for us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well not induced since it's a c/s, but yup, that's why she is thinking 36 or 37 weeks because she wants me to deliver before I get pre-e to avoid all the complications since I'm so high risk.

    Ella is only here on Mondays and Fridays...are you guys around either of those days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg Baron is OBSESSED with breakfast burritos. On a weekly basis he tells me how much he wishes we still lived in Seal Beach because he misses his favorite burrito place! Seriously? I hope he doesn't ever tell Gary about this burrito place, its not even that good (well I don't like chorizo!)

    cuuuutteee apron! Love it!

    ReplyDelete