My Renovation Blog

Friday, November 25, 2011

Hospital Monitoring

I had my hospital monitoring today, which I thought would take about 30 minutes since they were just supposed to monitor the baby (20 mins), take my BP and take blood.  It ended up being over 3 hours because they were deciding if I had to be re-admitted...I wish I would have known this since we brought Ella!  They did initially have me in fetal diagnostics to do the 20 minutes of baby monitoring, BP check and an u/s to check fluid levels, but then they made me go to maternity triage to monitor me for over 2 hours and wait for lab results (which are still fine).

My BP readings were all over the place- two in the 140's over 80's, one 160/89 (very bad) and two in the low 130's over 80's, which is fine.  I get MUCH lower readings if I lay on my left side (vs. sitting up in bed) so they told me to take it that way from now on.

I don't think my OB would have let me go home, but luckily the on call OB said he would let me go home...no argument from me!  He said I have pre-e, it's just a matter of when it's going to hit so I can just keep monitoring myself at home.  I am to come to the hospital if I get multiple readings of 140/90 over a 6 hour period OR if I have blurred vision or a headache that won't go away.  I did have a dull headache all day today, but I think it was due to dehydration and not pre-e (I hope?).  My BP readings the rest of the day were fine...130's over 80's except one 134/95.

I have to go back to the hospital on Monday for more monitoring, and then I have an OB appointment on Tuesday.  I am SO over all this monitoring and appointments!  But hey, at least I'm not working...can you imagine doing all this if you were still working?!

No comments:

Post a Comment