My Renovation Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

What The...?

So what was it, like 2 or 3 posts ago that the nurse was telling me not to expect Everett to come home when Ella did and even called an OT to help him eat?  Well, Gary went to the NICU today, and a different nurse said that they think he will go home soon?  She said we may need to bring in the carseat tomorrow (they require a "carseat challenge" for nicu baby parents), and he my be circumcised tomorrow or Tuesday!

You'd think I'd be happy about this except that (a) I have come down with a cold, and I feel craptastic today; (b) I secretly like him in the NICU where I know he is safe, and a doctor is present...at least while he's still so little; and (c) since they told us he probably won't come home until after Ella (even Ella didn't come home until the equivalent of this upcoming Saturday), we made plans to attend our good friends' Christmas party, and we really want to go, which won't be possible if EC is home!  I would much rather him come home the following week, which is still before Christmas, but he'll be bigger and stronger.

I'm hoping this nurse was just jumping the gun a bit because I have noticed that the nurses all tell you different things.  She did say that sometimes the boys will regress after they are circumcised.

Oh, and I guess he is now nippling all but one feed per shift.  He weighs 4lbs. 9oz.  He weighed that much yesterday too- he only gained 10 grams since yesterday.

We took Ella and Rylee to the dog park today.  Ella is obsessed with the dog park and is always asking to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment