My Renovation Blog

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Everett & Mama Update

 Doesn't he look like a little old man?  I love it!

Everett is still doing really well.  He weighs 4lbs. 1 oz. today.  I think I forgot to mention in his birth story that they did initially see something that they thought may be a pneumothorax so they did two chest x-rays on him, but it seems like we were all clear there.

He is under the Bili lights today because his jaundice number was 12.1.  Ella was also under the lights for several days because her numbers would go up and down.

This morning when I went to visit him, his nurse was giving him a bottle!  Already!  That was exciting, and I got to feed him some of his bottle.  He did really well for his very first bottle.  I believe he is now getting all breastmilk.

I think one of the biggest differences I've noticed between him and Ella is that Ella had *constant* apnea episodes where she would stop breathing and her machines would start beeping.  It was so traumatic.  I don't think Everett has had one episode any time I've been in the NICU with him- it's so refreshing and less stressful!

I'm doing well too- still very little or no pain.  I do have some random blistery rash on various parts of my body that is super itchy so I'm not sure what that is about.  I also started getting nose bleeds yesterday!  I've never had a bloody nose so who knows what started that.

I'm still pumping every 3 hours, and sometimes even more often because I have nothing else to do!  I may as well get as much milk as possible while E is in the hospital because once he comes home, all bets are off.  I'm finally starting to get a good amount of milk so hopefully I can stock up.

My BP readings are STILL high so they wouldn't let me go home today even though they told me yesterday that I was going home.  I cannot WAIT to go home tomorrow!

I talked to Everett's nurse today, and although she said, yes, they always say to expect them home at their due date, she would estimate E will be home between 36 and 38 weeks.  He is 34w2d today so we have a quite a ways to go.  We need that boy to maintain his temperatures and nipple all his feeds for 48 hours as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment