My Renovation Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

One Week Old

He loves skin to skin- he is always OUT when he lays on me!
Baby

Everett was one week old yesterday (well he was born late at night so it's almost like he's a week old today).  He weighed 4 lbs. 7 oz. yesterday, which means he gained another 2 ounces in a day!  This kid is going to be a linebacker!

Today he was again 4lbs.7oz.- he only gained 20 grams, but that's ok.  The nurse was saying that now that they are trying nippling more, he will probably gain less.

He is not doing well nippling his bottles so they had him meet with an OT (occupational therapist) today to help him eat.  They all keep telling me that boys are much slower than girls, and girls do much better in the NICU so I shouldn't place the same expectations on him as Ella.  I guess this means he may likely be in the NICU longer than 16 days.  I'm just hoping that he will be home by Christmas so we can all be together as a family.

Me

I'm almost pain free, and I'm trying to not take percocet so that I can drive...even though I don't think you're supposed to drive for at least 3-4 weeks regardless...not going to happen...I have errands to run and holiday things to do!

I've lost 20 pounds in a week, which seems decent except that I lost 35 pounds in about 4-5 days last time.

Ella

She is still really excited about her baby brother, and I'm so sad she hasn't met him yet.  I was planning on taking her this weekend, but one of the nurses said if they hear her cough, they will kick her out, and I know she'll cough- she has that cough that last months.  I guess she may have to wait until he comes home.

She is being such a bully with Rylee and her friends (about sharing), and I don't know what to do about it.  I don't get it because she is so sweet to Gary and I, so sweet to older kids and so gentle with babies, but when it comes to her friends, she pushes them, and she hits/kicks Rylee.  I try ignoring it/doing something about it; yelling/not yelling; time-out/no time-out.  Nothing works.  She pushed Mason down so hard today when he tried to play with the buttons on her brother's pack n play that I cringed.  Not only is it completely embarrassing, but it makes me sad and upset and I don't want her to be mean because I know that is not her nature.  Not to mention, no one is going to want to play with her if she is mean to them!  I actually cried after they left because I'm hormonal, and it upset me so much!  We need to work on sharing.

She did crack me up this morning when we were in the car.  She kept yelling, "CEE LO DADDY!".  So Gary puts on "Forget You" while he and I were talking.  I usually dance and sing the song with her, but since I wasn't paying attention, she goes, "MOMMY DANCE!!"  She funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment