My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Coming Home

I was finally allowed to come home yesterday!  Before we left, while we were spending time with Everett, he had two Brady episodes. :(  I HATE those.  I actually forgot about them, but it's when their little heartrate drops because the coating on the nerve from the brain to the heart isn't developed.  Of course this causes the alarms to set off and freak you out.  It reminded my why I absolutely hate being in the NICU and how stressful it is.

I have never been so happy to be home in my life!  Ella was kind of like, "who are you" for a while, but it didn't take her long to warm up.  I keep showing her my incision so she understands that mommy has a boo boo and can't lift her, and why she can't jump on my stomach/lap.  I think she was a little traumatized by the pumping...I've been trying to do it without her around, but last night, she just stood by the bed and stared with a "WTF?" look on her face!  Then she started saying, "that off!".  We're trying to explain to her that that is how we get Everett's food, but I think the whole pumping thing is a little much for her!

While I love being home, I did feel worse at home.  I just didn't feel good, had more pain, etc.  I think it's because I'm on less meds and doing a lot more.  I should just be resting, but I keep walking up and down the stairs, playing with Ella, putting things away, etc.

I keep forgetting to post that Ella still has not met her little brother.  Miss NEVER EVER gets sick started hacking up a lung on Friday.  She  has no fever and is acting normal so it may be nothing, but we're not taking any chances.  So for now, she only gets to kiss his photo. :)



We're off to spend the morning in the NICU while Ella is at school!

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet that Ella kisses her little brother's photo! Try to take it easy on the stairs there -get as much recovery in before your little guy comes home!

    ReplyDelete