My Renovation Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yeast is Yuck

Ella has had tiny red spots on her private parts for over a week now, and diaper rash cream does nothing to heal it.  I thought it might be a yeast infection so we took her to the ped today, and yup, yeast it is.  The ped said that often when they are teething, their pee changes and causes yeast infections so they gave us a prescription cream.  The best thing she said was that we need to keep an eye on Ella's mouth because if they touch the yeast and then put their hands in their mouth, they will get thrush!  You may remember that Ella had thrush FOREVER when she was a newborn...it was impossible to get rid of, and I don't want to go through that again!!  The ped also said to let her run around diaper-less as much as possible, and I'm thinking, no amount of time is possible for that because literally every single time we have let her be without a diaper (for like 2 minutes before getting in the bath), she instantly pees!  It should teach me to stop leaving my clothes on the bathroom floor. ;)

In speech news, she is now saying "bottle"...not as in ba ba, but actually saying bottle!  Sometimes it's hard to tell because balloon and bottle sound almost identical.

And anyone doing GF, get yourself immediately to PF Changs!!!!!  We went their for girls' night because I'd been dying to try their GF menu (thanks for indulging me girls!), and it was the best GF food I've tasted so far.  I'm slightly embarrassed to admit I've eaten there 2 nights in a row now.  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment