My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gluten Loves Me- CD Update

Well, you won't believe this.  I had the CD bloodwork panel redone last week, and it came back NEGATIVE this time!  WTF?  Granted it was at the high end of normal, but my GI said looking at these results in a vacuum, he would say I *don't* have Celiac Disease!  The problem is that he said my original test was bad.  Very high.  Very positive.  He says it doesn't make sense.  I reminded him that I hadn't been eating gluten for 2.5 months (although I did eat gluten the weekend before I got retested).  He thinks the test still should have been positive with only 2.5 months of being GF (I disagree based on what I've read on the CD forum site, which is why I ate gluten the weekend before getting retested).  However, he said that if it was long enough to clear me up, eating gluten just the weekend before the test wouldn't really make a difference.  Soooooo, I'm now doing the "gluten challenge" where you have to eat the equivalent of 2 slices of bread a day for 6 weeks, and then get tested again.  SIGN ME UP.  Here is the list of what I would like to eat please:

 *pancakes, cupcakes, sandwiches, girl scout cookies (the first year ever in my life I didn't eat GS cookies, and now it's too late!), a twix, battered and fried anything, white bread, pasta, pasta, pasta...ooh this is going to be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment