My Renovation Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

New Dress Styles!

I've been sewing away in preparation for the Spring Boutique in my development (open to all!) on April 9th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.  I have new dress styles (and even more to come!).  I'm in love with the peasant dress, which is such a great dress because it can be worn as a dress then a tunic then a shirt.

I happen to love the long sleeves big and bell-like and slightly shorter than full length (as shown in the following two samples), but the long sleeves can also be full length with elasticized wrists (like the neckline) if you prefer.  I take custom orders!  Remember that ALL my fabrics are interchangeable and can be made in any style!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
As you can see, I'm going to making my felt roses on pins for purchase separately...they look super cute on the dresses! Here is an 18-24 month size on E (she just woke up which is why she looks a bit raggedy)...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Seriously, do you not just love this fabric...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
This shows how cute they look with leggings (btw, this dress is a 12-18 month size so you see they can be worn forever since Ella never fits in 12-18 mos. anymore)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

This is the short sleeve version (I happen to love it with the red felt rose pin!)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
As you can see, it can be worn to fetch the paper or just play! ;)
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Here is another yoke dress, in a fabric combo I love. Note- I am likely going to be discontinuing the yoke dress style soon, however, I will be making this adorable black/white damask with red trim in a peasant dress style soon.
Photobucket
This size is too small for Ella, but you'll remember it looks really cute on...
Photobucket

I finally got some photos of Ella in the correct size jumper...I think it looks ADORABLE! Jumpers are a style that I prefer to be above the knee. You'll note that we start out happy happy...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
But we end up very mad at mama...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Every time I say, "will you try on a dress for mama?", Ella vehemently shakes her head "NO" and runs to Gary. I may have lost my favorite model.

**If anyone knows a photographer who would like to practice taking product shots (for free!) and let me list them on my site and give FULL credit to the photographer on Etsy (free advertising!), please let me know! Or even someone that would let me use their studio to take them myself. I just cannot get the correct lighting for the photos, which means the colors never come out quite right.

I actually don't sew every minute of the weekend...we did have a really fun playdate on Friday afternoon, and we went out to dinner with friends on Saturday night while daddy was at the March Madness games. :)

2 comments:

  1. Seriously Temre, BEAUTIFUL dresses (and a cutie model, too)!! If I were to order, do you have a shop I should take a look at first? I'm looking for 3T, but not sure which style yet. Thanks! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the damask print. I'd love to swing by and get some dresses for Francesca. She'll be 8 months soon but wearing 9-12 months (she's huge!). I'm behind the District in Tustin so not too far. Can you email me the details about the spring boutique? sparkesq@gmail.com. thx!!

    ReplyDelete