My Renovation Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Updates- My Beautiful Baby & My Ugly Stomach

I haven't been posting about Ella, the main subject of this blog, at all!  I have been really busy at work (and in pain every other second) if that means anything. ;)  I do have some videos to share when we get a second to upload them, but in the meantime, her new favorite word is "balloon".  We were at a store that had balloons attached to virtually every rack in the store, so the entire trip was, "BALLOON!" "BALLOON!" "BALLOON!".  If they are going to put balloons everywhere, they need to hand them out for free to the kids!!

Gary also taught her to say "WOW!"  But she says it so cute, like, "wooooow".  She is also saying "meow" now, but oh my gosh, it's so adorable coming from her.  She sounds like a little kitty when she says it!

As for my health issues (I'm sorry this is becoming so boring and no one probably cares, but I like to keep it here for my records), yesterday and last night were AWFUL.  I finally felt better yesterday morning (i.e. my stomach didn't kill for a few seconds) so I thought I'd try, oh I don't know, EATING for once?  I made a super healthy white bean and tuna salad (really good if anyone wants the recipe!), and only ate probably 3/4 of a cup of it?  Within in an hour, I was writhing in pain and going to the bathroom every 20 minutes.  What the heck in tuna and beans could make you sick (it did have lemon juice in it though, which may have been too acidic)???  It just kept getting worse, got better, then got horrible around midnight.  I started shivering, even in the scalding hot bath I drew (yes I took a bath at midnight), and the pain would not cease.  I was so desperate that I took a percocet for the pain.  Gary was insisting I go to the ER, but I couldn't drive myself, and there is no way I was going to wake a sleeping baby no matter how much pain I was in!!! After the drugs kicked in, I could finally sleep (from about 4 a.m. to 6 a.m.- tired much?), and the pain was much less when I woke up.

The good news is that I've lost about 7 pounds in 5 days. ;)

Anyway, I conveniently had my appointment with the new GI this morning.  As for CD, he said there are false positives so I may not even truly have it (oh please let this be the case!), and he needs to review the tests my prior GI did and likely order more.  He does not think this 2 week stomach thing is related to the CD regardless.  The great thing about him is that his son has CD so he takes it very seriously!  If he orders more b/w to test again for CD (meaning I'd have to eat gluten again), I'm so getting a dozen Sprinkles cupcakes and going to town because if it comes back positive again, it means I can never have them again!!!!!

He pretty much ruled out Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis because those would have shown up in my colonoscopy (I did have those results with me).  So, he ordered a catscan and in not so many words basically said I should have gone to the ER last night because they would have done the scan right there.  Darnit, why I am so stubborn!  He did give me some pain medication that prevents the spasms in the stomach or something, but if what happened last night happens again tonight, I'm heading straight to the ER anyway.  I CANNOT live like this!

So please pray that it's nothing serious...I think I've had enough health issues in the past 4 years to last a lifetime thank you very much!  I've gone to more doctors, had more surgeries and taken more drugs in the past 4 years that I have in the prior 30 years combined!!!!  My health insurer probably hates me at this point!

3 comments:

  1. OH Temre...I'm praying that this is nothing serious and that this pain goes away, and you can finally EAT again. Definitely go to ER if it happens again! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T, I am so sorry to hear this. It sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun! I am so sorry to hear your stomach is acting up again. Take care of yourself and when you can eat gluten again, we will tear it up! :) Let me know if you need anything, seriously, I could have come over to sit with Ella while you went to the ER. Just call me. Cause I know stomach issues, girl!

    ReplyDelete