My Renovation Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

World's Clumsiest Kid?


Seriously, do I have the world's clumsiest kid?  I have never seen another girl that get bumps, bruises and scratches like her!!  We participated in our neighborhood garage sale today (we only made a measly $237, but we got rid of the couch and desk that were taking up half the garage so I'm happy!), and while Ella was running around outside, she walked right off the front step and flat on her nose...AGAIN!  How does this keep happening?????  Why is she so clumsy?  She doesn't even break her fall- just falls flat on her face, and the sound was awful- I would have SWORN that she broke something...or everything.  It looks like she got punched right in the face- her whole nose is swollen and red with a huge gash down the middle, so we now call her Rudolph. ;)  Here are the photos to prove it...

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I read often and hardly every reply (i realize that sounds stalkerish, sorry!) but I just had to suggest going to an Ear-Nose-and-Throat doctor. My mother in law is a speech pathologist who works closely with ENTs. She suggests going to an ENT to all the moms who complain about a clumsy child. Center of balance is in the ear, something that looks like clumsiness or carelessness could be as simple as a little liquid in the ear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. or.....she might have a vision issue. Jacob became way less clumsy when he first put on his glasses! Or she could just be a normal, excitable, clumsy child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isabella fell on her nose today too! She now has a similar scratch & bruise to show for it! Maybe it's just this day? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. poor baby!! stuff like that is my biggest fear. Francesca fell off the bed onto hardwood floors a few weeks ago and I felt like the worst mom on earth. I have nightmares that she's going to fall of the changing table or hit her hed on the crib rails - the kid is nuts the way she rolls around, arches her back and squirming around, argh!!!

    ReplyDelete