My Renovation Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

5 Years Ago Today...

I married the greatest guy and I know...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And threw the most fun party I've ever been to...
Photobucket

Three of those five years were rough.  Really rough.  I remember the day we found out that our first pregnancy was no longer viable.  Just one week after we saw our beautiful baby's little heart beating away, we had another ultrasound, but this time there was no flicker on the screen.  It was like slow motion.  "The heartbeat is gone, I'm sorry."  So many thoughts.  What do you mean it's gone?  It was just there.  Look again.  There is less than 10% chance of miscarriage after seeing the heartbeat.  We MUST be in the 90%.  This cannot be happening to us after what we've been through.  Look again.

I was not going to cry.  I refused to cry.  I would be strong.  Gary squeezed my hand tightly.  I looked up at him as tears streamed down his face.  I knew it then.  We were in this together.  We hurt together.  We cry together.  We laugh together.  We could get through this...together.
Photobucket
And we did.

I'm so glad we did.

Because together we made this...
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I'd ever seen your wedding photos before -- they are beautiful. :)

    I am fighting back tears after reading the last part of your post. I love happy endings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are incredible together. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK...tears are in MY eyes now! Happy Anniversary! I am so lucky to have a great sister-in-law! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for you! Congrats on your anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete