My Renovation Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Birthday and Fair Fun

Ella met up with Paige again to play in the water...they held hands walking to dinner...

Then after dinner, Ella rode the carousel for the very first time!  The before photo...
I thought she may not like it...clearly I was wrong.  The "after" photo...
I've never ever seen her get so upset over wanting to do something...apparently she LOVED the carousel!! [Let me edit this to say that we took her to SCP to ride the carousel the day after this, and she refused to get on!  So now she doesn't like the carousel???  I'm so confused.]

The next day she had a ton of fun at Cousin Brett's 3rd birthday party!  She rode a motorcycle...

LOVED going down the slide (oh, btw, I think I've neglected to mention that I'M PREGNANT, which is why I have a baby belly in this photo!!!)...

Kept going down the slide and rode the "roller coaster"...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
And went on the roller coaster a few more times with Cousin Brett...

There was horrific traffic on the way home, which usually means Ella won't sleep since she'll only sleep if the car is moving and for a very short time, but since she was so worn out, this is what happened at least for 30 minutes or so on the way home...

I decided that instead of buying one of those plastic playhouses, I'd love it if Gary and my dad would build her one similar to this...
So to get some photos of the structure inside and not look like a total freak taking pictures of random doorways and framing members, I made ella pose next to things I wanted photos of!
PhotobucketPhotobucket

On Sunday, we went to the OC Fair with grandma and grandpa.

Just like last year, she wasn't sure about the petting zoo (see her clinging onto grandma?!)...
But eventually she got close to the animals and even fed some sheep!

She even rode the giant slide with daddy, but we're not so sure if she liked it!

That nasty thing behind them is a giant tarantula that moved...gross!!!

My lesson of the day is that it's probably not a good idea to eat a tri trip sandwich and fries, followed by cotton candy, followed by dippin dots ice cream...but the cotton candy was soooo good!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute photos and... CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait a minute.. you're pregnant?!! Congrats!! Did you do another IVF?

    ReplyDelete