My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Potty Talk

We haven't started potty training at all.  Diapers don't bother me (and I think they are way easier than trying to find a potty!), and frankly, it just sounds really hard.  We do, however, have one of those plastic potties in our bathroom, which Ella will sometimes sit on (but never pee in) before her bath.

Well today, with no prompting whatsoever, my little 22 month old went pee in the potty!!!  This is even bigger news than the potty training aspect because peeing in the potty means for ONCE she did not pee on the floor while running around diaper-less before bathtime...yippity do dah!

I'm still not ready to potty train, but maybe we'll encourage this behavior more often.  What I'm really afraid of is when she poops in that little plastic thing, and I have to clean it out.  Yuck.

2 comments:

  1. Get yourself one of those kid seats that fit over the regular toilet! I recently started potty training my daughter and I went with the seat-over-toilet option instead of a plastic potty, no way I'm cleaning a plastic bowl!! Talk about making your job worse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the plastic potty sucks to clean, but one wipe of it with a baby or toddler wipe is all it took for me. I definitely recommend an over the seat option. We got ours at home depot, and it has an adult seat with a child seat option built in.
    Yeah for Ella for going pee in the potty!!! She's such a big girl. :)

    ReplyDelete