My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Haps...

Pregnancy

We had our anatomy scan today (I'm 18w4d).  Everything looks great.  Still a boy (to Gary's utter delight).  They couldn't get a great view of the small little heart so we have to have a full cardio something or other next time to make sure there are no holes in the heart or anything.  Baby weighs 9 oz.

I swelled up yesterday and got really dizzy (although, I was in Menifee at inspections- hot!), which the doctor was not happy about.  We'll see how long she lets me work...

Daddy's Helper

Although I think we're starting to enter the terrible two's...you know, the dramatic cries anytime she doesn't get her way and sitting in the middle of the street because she's mad her friend is leaving...all of which JUST started this weekend, HOWEVER, she's still daddy's favorite little helper!

She really did help wash the car- it was great!  No one ever told me about the extra benefits that come with having a child...she always gets the remote control for me when I'm too lazy to get off the couch, she throws my trash away for me, and now she washes cars?!  She is well worth the thousands of dollars it took to have her! ;)~

Birthday

I'm well on my way to having E's party planned.  I have purchased 518 balloons, bought the paper for various paper products I am going to make and finished making her invitations!  I'll post photos after they are sent, but I really have to say that I think they turned out ADORABLE.  I'm sooo happy with them!  Now I need to make her dress, design my menu, design the layout for the party and food tables and make all the paper products. 

Etsy

I've been sort of taking a break from Etsy since I had been feeling so awful, but for some reason, I received three orders in the last 2 days, including 2 dresses and 1 diaper cover!

I also recently made this dress as a "sample" because I am considering doing Ella's birthday dress in this style.  It's supposed to be a 2T, but it's pretty big on Ella so I would say it's between a 2T and 3T.  I'm not making these to sell, but if anyone wants to buy this one, it's $34 plus shipping. :)





2 comments:

  1. omg, your party planning is amazing! can't wait to see the invite. I love all that paper crafty stuff. Ugh, site inspection in Menifee, I don't miss those days (I did a lot of c.d. at my previous job at Lewis Brisbois)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever make one smaller or start selling this style, PLEASE let me know! Poppy is a little small for her age, so I think this one would be too big. I love it!

    ReplyDelete