My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Talking and Maybe Not Terrible Two's?

Terrible Two's?

I kept saying that we weren't going to go through the terrible two's, and that we'd probably get the awful three's (which I hear is worse!). Considering that she is almost two, and really the only kid her age I know that doesn't throw tantrums, I thought we were in the clear.

But then Gary left for his guys' trip, and it was like I had a different child! She kept getting mad and sitting down in protest, whining, crying when she didn't get her way, misbehaving in the stores while we were shopping- just generally being a little pill. I thought, "well, here we go, terrible two's have begun."

This lasted for a few days after Gary got home, but now she seems to back to her old self (thank God). I'm hoping she was just acting out since Gary was gone (after all, she is completely a daddy's girl) because let me tell you, I was not built to deal with terrible two behavior!

She is as stubborn as they come (and I thought Gary and I had the market on most stubborn couple!), which has led to two showdowns between she and I over saying sorry and cleaning up her alphabet toys- I won both times, but it took 20 minutes of time outs and crying- she cried too. ;) But I have to be thankful that she doesn't seem to have my type A personality and is much more laid back than I am. Let's just hope that if this terrible two behavior returns, it is only sitting down quietly for tantrums and doesn't involve screaming- so far, we don't have a screamer!

Talking

I know that toddler talk is interesting to NO ONE except the parents of the child, but I do want to keep some record of what she's saying!  It's just crazy to me the things that come out of her mouth that I know we have never said to her...where does she learn this stuff?

She says "ready, set, go!"  When Rylee is barking, she says, "Rylee bark shhhhhh".  She also loves, "NO Rylee!"  She puts her name at the end of every sentence about herself...so rather than saying I'm all done or ella all done, she says, "all done ella".  She started saying "high five".  She also knows the correct usage of please, thank you, sorry, excuse me and bless you!  She does mix up please and thank you sometimes, but it always shocks me when I sneeze, and she says, "bless you mommy"...adorable!  Although she knows when she should say sorry, she will only say it when prompted and she won't say it to her friends when she does something bad...it's that stubborness coming out!

No comments:

Post a Comment