My Renovation Blog

Friday, April 1, 2011

Do Not Judge Lest ye Be Judged!

We all do it.  You know those times when you are with someone else's kids or you're at the park, and you think, "that kid is a maniac!", and you lovingly glance at your precious angel while you thank God that the maniac isn't your kid?  I think that was MY kid today!!!  I swear, when we came back from our playdate today, I was EXHAUSTED...and slightly embarrassed.  

Between Ella stealing the other kids' snacks, rummaging through all of the other moms' purses, not sharing her toy, insisting on grabbing other toys, going BEHIND the counter at Golden Spoon while I was trying to pay for yogurt, handing complete strangers our dirty napkins (which they kindly threw away for us), running away from me at full speed as far as she could get (how is it that I am unable to catch an 18 month old?) and falling on her face about 10 times, I was ready to surrender.

I don't think I'll be doing playdates anymore where I cannot keep her fully contained.  I'm too old for this.

At least she was in a good mood and had fun with her friends!  BTW, don't be fooled by the fact that she is sitting in each of these photos...this was about 30 seconds of a 1.5 hour playdate....
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean!!! I love the parks with fences around them to keep them contained!

    ReplyDelete