My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Juicin'

I made my first juice yesterday.  I'm not going to lie, it's not the best thing I've ever tasted!  It's not disgusting, but it's not great.  I still think I can do it for only 3 days...I just need 3 consecutive days where I'm not in trial and don't have big weekend plans.  That's the biggest challenge!

The kids were dying to try the new juice.  Ella was NOT a fan.  Everett LOVED it.  Seriously- he's crazy!  He couldn't get enough.  Enough of kale, cucumber, celery, ginger and apple- I barely liked it, and I love vegetables, so I'm shocked that he loved it.  This is definitely my new sneaky way of getting random vegetables in him.

Since I haven't started the cleanse yet and can still eat solid food, we made these delicious organic hamburgers tonight- I highly recommend sauteing red onions in olive oil with salt and pepper until they are almost caramelized and putting them on your burger.  O M G.  They tasted just like onion strings without the breading and deep fry.  I was eating them plain.
Just feta, onion, and meat wrapped in lettuce.  YUM.

2 comments:

  1. Try including a lemon when you juice. Juicing 1 lemon adds a nice tartness that offsets some of the weird taste when you juice the vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite green smoothie is kale+spinach (or I use about a cup of that cruciferous blend that TJs sells now, which has brussel sprouts, kale, red cabbage and maybe spinach too?), 1 cup frozen pineapple, 1 cup coconut water, juice of 1/2 lime (add more to taste), 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder. It tastes like key lime pie a bit...perfect summer smoothie (and both my kids love it).

    ReplyDelete