My Renovation Blog

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Chickens- Our Motley Crew

Although I found it near impossible to get good photos of these little Mexican jumping beans, I tried!

Elsa (Easter Egger)

Anna (Easter Egger)

Goldie (Red Star/Golden Buff)

Lacey (Silver Laced Wyandotte)

Pepper (Barred Plymouth Rock)

Their new best friend, who is a little overly obsessed with them...

Their new larger brooder...

And my photo assistant. :)

The local feed stores did not have any baby Buff Orpingtons so in order to replace Buffy, I had to order THREE more chicks because they cannot ship less than 3 at a time or they will die.  Oy Vey.  So I ordered two more orpingtons so in case another one dies, I have a back up!  And another Barred Plymouth Rock because they are my favorite looking bird.  In case anyone talks to Ella, the story is that Buffy had a tummy ache and had to go the doctor, but she is feeling better and will be able to come home on Tuesday.  Ella asks about her EVERY day.  Now I just need an explanation as to why we have two additional chicks!

No comments:

Post a Comment