My Renovation Blog

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Ireland

So the reason that I've had SO much quality time with the kids lately (and I meant A LOT of quality time) is because Gary recently took a position in his company where he now has to travel internationally.  So we went from zero travel to 3-4 two week trips a year...you read that right, he'll be gone for TWO WEEKS at a time (shoot me).

His first trip was this week (they eased him in with a week long trip) to Ireland, and it just so happened that my parents were also out of town this week so no help whatsoever = lots of mommy/E2 time!  I was soooo scared, but the week was awesome.  I don't know what planets aligned or how many guardian angels were with me, but Ella was on her BEST behavior.  She listened well, helped me with Everett, did everything I asked, didn't fight bedtime...heavenly!  I do have to give a shout outs Jill, Lisa, Amy and Kate, who took me in right after naptime (because let's face it, afternoons are the worst time of day) for playdates and dinners, and Julie, who came down with the girls to play with me- they made my week alone SO much easier!!!!  I only had to cook a real meal once, and then last night, I had to resort to this...

I will say, the week did NOT start off well...Ella was SO sad.  I've never seen her like that.  She wouldn't eat, if I asked what she wanted to do, she would say, "nothing" and just sit on the couch...she wouldn't even play with her friends!  I am blessed with TWO children who have weak stomachs so when Ella gets upset, this happens...

That was Saturday morning.  She also did that on Friday night...at Jill's house.  Nice thank you for dinner, huh?  Thankfully, she got a little less sad with each hour and by Sunday morning, she was back to her old self and no more throwing up for the week!

And while I'm on the floor wiping up vomit and trying to keep Everett away from it with my foot, Gary sends me this photo from his seat in business class (must be nice)...

And this photo from the fancy VIP lounge at the airport (Ella sleeps with a Hello Kitty so Gary bought another HK to take with him to Ireland)...

He got to hang out with Leprechauns on Grafton Street- the main shopping area in Dublin...

And he saw the original Auld Dubliner (we have one here too)!

Saint Stephan's Green (a big park in Dublin)...

No comments:

Post a Comment