My Renovation Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Vegas Nightmare

Ok, I'm being dramatic, but we just got back from Vegas with both kids, and I promise you we won't be doing that again anytime soon!

Ella was pumped to go to Vegas...


Let's start with the good.  First, the weather was actually really nice- I was a little scared to go to Vegas in July, but it was perfect at the pool.  Even walking around outside between hotels was fine (I do think it may have been cooler than it typically is in July).  Second, the room was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I definitely recommend the 1 bedroom, 1,300 square foot Tower Suite at the Mirage.  I could not get any good photos, but trust me, it's much nicer than it looks in the photos!

Just arriving at our room...

The foyer with a great walk behind bar!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The family room...

Dining room...

Bedroom...

With a tv that pops up...

The bathroom was gigantic with a huge jetted tub...
And a flat screen on the wall to watch while you bathe!
 

A hallway in the bathroom with a walk-in closet and water closet (with bidet) led to the make-up table...

It kind of went downhill from there!  We had dinner at Tao on Tuesday night, which was delicious...

But that night was a nightmare.  Everett decided to wake up screaming at around 10:30 or 11 p.m., and he screamed and screamed and screamed (for 2.5 hours) until he finally woke Ella up.  We had no idea what was wrong with him since he's never done that before so we assumed it was teething (he had no fever), and Gary had to go out at 1 a.m. to get Tylenol!  That finally did the trick, but then it took awhile to get Ella back to bed.  Needless to say, we were EXHAUSTED and crabby on Wednesday, which was really the only day we had in Vegas.

The pool at the Mirage is fantastic...

But we really only spent about 30 minutes there as a family before Gary had to take Everett up for his morning nap, so it was mostly just Ella and I...

We went to the well known and much hyped BLT Burger for lunch.  I thought it was delicious.  The burgers, fries and onion rings were SO good, and I had the best shake I've ever had in my life.  I think it was called the mocha mudslide with oreos...the whipped cream was chocolate and tasted like chocolate mousse!  I would go back just to have that shake again!

We did get a little shopping in (my girl has good taste!)...

And some dancing at H&M ;)


But because no one really slept the night before, we scrapped our plans to go to Bouchon and ate at one of those little Italian places in Venetian next to the performers in the square.

The most partying we did was in our room on Wednesday night when Gary brought up a frozen margarita for us to share!  We we so over Vegas by Thursday that we just woke up and left instead of going to the pool.

We had a great time last time we went to Vegas with just one kid, but two kids is one too many for Vegas.  At least when one is a baby.  And if we ever do go again with both of them, we'll definitely stay longer than 2 nights.

I need a vacation from my vacation.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to laugh, but geez! Rotten timing for E to come down with something. You guys stuck it out longer than I probably would've! Hope he's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete