My Renovation Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Beach Day!

We took Everett to the beach for the first time this afternoon!  We love the beach so any day at the beach is a great day, but it's funny how a day with two kids *actually* plays out...

Aww, aren't we cute?
You will note that we are not the only nutjobs to bring a stroller onto the sand!

Got on my suit, ready for the water!

Except as soon as I get near the water, I start whimpering and bolt back up the beach...

And look for my sand toys...

But I insist on sitting like this so 27 pounds of sand get into my diaper and every crevice of my skin, which you know we will still be finding 10 days from now...
I also insist on taking that cute little pink shovel and chucking a pound of sand right in baby brother's face to make sure that his eyes and mouth are entirely full of sand.

All the while, daddy's back is breaking since Everett needs to eat, and although it took 45 minutes to pack everything up, and we had a week's worth of crap, we failed to bring a single lounge chair...

And since he is apparently going to attend college without the ability to sit up on his own, Everett must roll around in his dork outfit (speaking of which, is it too much to ask for a PLAIN rash guard?  One WITHOUT a dog on a surfboard on it?)...

So now it's daddy's turn to attempt the impossible...maybe she'll get near the water if Everett is there?

Nope.  Not happening.  So I guess we'll just freeze our infant son by putting his feet in the ice cold water because SOMEONE is getting in this damn water before we leave...

Maybe we can at least get a cute shot with mommy...
Except apparently none of us noticed that our poor child's entire face is covered by his hat...seriously, do second children even stand a chance?

Let's try this again...

We've had enough...time to relax at True Food Kitchen for dinner!

And this my friends, is why despite the fact that we live very close to the beach, and we love the beach, Everett's first trip to the beach took 7.5 months to occur.

2 comments:

  1. oh you crack me up!!! I can SO relate to packing a million things, but still not ending up with stuff you need! And the sand, too funny!! I'm SCARED to have two little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HILARIOUS! Loved that account :) Can't wait to read about your next beach trip (when Everett is 3).

    ReplyDelete