My Renovation Blog

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Update-athon

Ella

Only 9 days until she turns TWO, and we have her little shindig at the house.  I can't believe I almost have a 2 year old!

She can say a lot of the alphabet, but she skips some letters here and there, and on 9/23/11, she counted to ten!  Well, she went 1..2..3..4..5....8..9..10.  I never liked 6 and 7 anyway.  She can also name all 26 animals in her Baby Einstein animal book...and they have some weird ones like Newt (do you even know what that is?!) and Yak.

Her eye is essentially healed.  I'm SHOCKED at how fast it has healed.  Really, you can barely see it anymore.  

Pregnancy

Nothing much new here.  Still pregnant.  Still a boy.  We had a peri appointment the week before last, and he weighed 1 lb. 2 oz.  He's kicking/moving a lot more, but there are still days where are rarely feel him and then days where I feel him a lot.  Being off work has made me feel A LOT better, but I still have good days and bad days.

I had an OB appointment yesterday, and she said everything looks good.  No protein in my urine (yet), and my BP is only 104/68.  She did say I really need to start resting and taking it easy now...I'll start that after October 8th ;).  

She said she is thinking my c/s will be January 6th (we set it officially at the next appointment)...but Katie, I'm going to try and set it on the 5th or 7th so we have at least one day difference between your birthdays!  Who knows if I'll even make it that far...I REALLY hope I do!!!

Re-Decorating

Both our master bedroom and Ella's big girl room are *almost* done.  I'm so bummed because my goal was to have both done before E's party so people could see them, but it's just not going to happen.  There is just too much other stuff to do now that we are so close that the rooms need to be put on hold until after the party.  At least we had our house painted so no more faded shutters and front door and peeling trim!

Party
I'm starting to get a tad stressed.  Why do I let these parties stress me out?!  I've finished ALL the paper goods (birthday banner, cupcake toppers, signs for the backyard, signs for the front yard, monogrammed pumpkins, balloon pong paddles, food labels, favors, etc.).

I'm only waiting for a couple RSVPs, and almost everyone is coming so it should be fun!  I actually ran out of invitations and envelopes so I had to cut back our list (which I felt really bad about), but I think it will be a good number.

I'm a bit worried about the weather because although right now it says it's supposed to be partly cloudy (which would be perfect), it says it's supposed to rain the Thursday before so I'm hoping that doesn't shift to Saturday!  We're setting almost everything up in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment