My Renovation Blog

Friday, September 30, 2011

The Good...and the UGLY

The Good:  Today, Ella said "like a diamond in the sky, twinkle, twinkle"...word for word!  Didn't even miss an "a" or an "in".  Pretty good, right?

The UGLY: I almost thought I was going to cry when we got home from lunch today.  I know I'm lucky in that Ella is a pretty easy, well behaved kid for the most part.  But that makes it even harder when she acts like a "normal" two year old.  She was a NIGHTMARE at lunch today.  As her friends Reese and Mason sat there well behaved, Ella was throwing cheerios on the floor, spilling pepper on the table, throwing her shoes across the restaurant, etc.  Then she wouldn't sit in her high chair anymore, refused to sit on my lap and started running around the restaurant like a psycho.  When I tried to pick her up, she lunged back and forth and hit me in the mouth with her head really hard.  When all of us were trying to leave, instead of walking towards the parking lot, she kept running the opposite direction and laughing.  She will usually listen to me, but today, she would NOT listen, and I just can't chase her around anymore like I used to.  I was so embarrassed and upset that I wouldn't even look at her in the car on the way home.  It put me in the worst mood and being a crazy pregnant lady, I almost cried after I put her down for her nap.  Being pregnant with a toddler is the WORST!!!!!

**Can I just update this post to say that after her nap, Ella had her FOURTH and FIFTH poop.  She peeled off the tape that is holding up the tiles on our hearth and stuck it all to her face.  She then took all Rylee's food and put it in Rylee's water bowl.  Am I being punished?????

2 comments:

  1. dang Ella, what's with the poo-a-thon!?!? After we saw you guys, Reese went on to poo 3 more times. 2 of them within 30 minutes of the other. It gotta be the teeth. The smoker's hack from nowhere and the poop, gotta equal teething. And Ella wasn't that bad, she is so mild mannered normally. Someone had to give Reese a break from being the banshee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You are not alone!! Maybe it's the Fischer gene because I swear Brett punishes us everyday with NOT listening! I think ages 2-3 are the hardest!

    ReplyDelete