My Renovation Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Disneyland

We went to Disneyland for the second time with Ella today, and it was even more fun because Olivia came too!  I don't think 2 is the best age for D-Land...we definitely won't go again until she is 3, but it was still really fun.

The park was decorated for Halloween...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

We took Ella on the Peter Pan ride first, which was a mistake. I don't remember it being almost pitch black in there (like, you can barely even see the stuff inside) so Ella did not like it and started whimpering in the middle. Then because of that, she didn't want to go on other rides...even the carousel! She looks happy here, but trust me, she tried everything to get OFF that horse...
Photobucket
Since Peter Pan failed, we didn't even attempt to go on any of the other Fantasy Land rides since I know they are all kind of dark and scary-ish.

We decided for something a little more light-hearted, and the girls loved It's a Small World...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The girls also loved the little train in Fantasy Land, and had fun watching it through the gate while they were waiting...
Photobucket

Ella wasn't too impressed with the Jungle Cruise, but when I asked her if it was fun afterward, she said yes...
Photobucket

The girls drove a car in Toon Town, and we got our requisite long distance photo with Goofy (just like we did when she was 10 months old) since we pretty much refuse to stand in line to see a character (at least until Ella cares about characters)...
Photobucket
Photobucket

She actually did seem to want to meet Minnie Mouse, but you can see her hanging on to Gary for dear life when we got close!
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

And the best part of the day (at least for Gary and I) was lunch at Club 33! It really makes the entire day worthwhile. I say I won't get a season pass because I don't think Ella should go to D-Land more than twice a year, but let's face it, I just want the food so I'll never get a season pass! ;)

Some of the best soup I've ever eaten...
Photobucket

Filet mignon with mashed potatoes...
Photobucket

I tried to get one of every dessert from the dessert table, but they wouldn't all fit on my plate because there are so many!
Photobucket

I was EXHAUSTED and swollen by 4 p.m. so we headed home earlier than planned. I love Disneyland, but I don't think I have the stamina to go more than once a year, if that!!!!

2 comments:

  1. So if you're a season pass holder, you can eat at Club 33?! I didn't know that. I thought you had to know someone, or something like that. Where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I'm NOT a season pass holder...I was saying that I always tell people (because all my friends ARE season pass holders) that I won't get a pass because I don't want Ella to go to d-land more than twice a year, but I'm joking that I really don't want a pass so I can justify going to club 33 every time! My boss is the member of Club 33 so yes, you do have to know someone.

    ReplyDelete