My Renovation Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Petting Zoo...Not So Much

On Saturday, our friends invited us to Zoomars Petting Zoo where they had free passes (thanks T!).  To start the day, we forgot the stroller, our camera and Ella's shoes (how do you forget to bring shoes to a petting zoo?!).  We didn't need the stroller anyway, but having to take pictures with my blackberry and having Ella in moccasins with no soles was definitely not ideal.

Unfortunately, Ella is still not a fan of petting zoos. I don't get it. She loves dogs, and even loves going to the dog park, but when it comes to any other animals, she wants none of it. She wouldn't even pet the giant bunnies or guinea pigs, and she thought the goats and sheep were a little scary (although, so did I...those goats are AGGRESSIVE!).  Oh well, maybe when she's a little older.
Photobucket
The only thing she did love was the sitting on the saddle and pretending to ride a horse! I guess she takes after grandpa...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Gary and I went out to dinner with friends at True Food Kitchen...I've been dying to try it for awhile, especially after going GF and being told they have tons of options. It was SO good and healthy! The best part is that the menu specifically designates whether each item is GF, vegan or vegetarian. Oh, and the flourless chocolate cake (which is GF!) was TO.DIE.FOR. To top it off, it's not even expensive!

Sooo, we loved it so much that we decided to go walk around Fashion Island with grandma and grandpa on Sunday and go to dinner at True Food again!

Ella ran around and around the fountain...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

She is obsessed with chairs so she decided to be the greeter at Anthropologie...
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

When we got home, she was in a super happy silly mood and thought she was hilarious walking around with mama's Angels hat on backwards...
Photobucket

Not Ella related, but I'm finally getting back to being a "normal" person again! I had two girl's nights out this week and for one of them, we actually went to a real bar AND stayed out until midnight!  It was like the good old days when M and I lived together...before kids and husbands. ;) This may not seem like a big deal, but me staying out until midnight is insane...I'm very proud of myself!
I purposely made the photo super small so you are not blinded by the shine on my forehead!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked True Food. I think it's pretty delish and yes, the chocolate cake is amazingly good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ella's smile with your hat on...so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete