My Renovation Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

15 Months Old

Naked wearing Uggs in the doctor's office...hey we had to keep her warm some way!

Ella was 15 months old on Saturday, and today she had her 15 month WBV.  Overall, she is doing fantastic!  This was the first time she remembered the doctor's office.  And she didn't like it one bit.  She was completely fine until we had to lay her on the table to measure her and put her on the scale- she cried!  After the nurse left she was fine, and as usual, got her flirt on when Dr. A came into the room...suddenly, she was smiley, laughing, running around, waving, etc.  I guess we can never switch doctors since she's in love with him!  She went back to crying when she had to get her shots- poor baby!

Dr. A said he thinks her toe walking (she does it about 40-50% of the time) is habitual and not a sign of any problem.  Surprisingly, he was not at all concerned with her speech!  He said they only require one word by 15 months, and since she is saying "daddy", he is not concerned (they re-evaluate at 18 months).  Honestly, I think she also might be saying dog (well she is saying dog), mommy, water, rylee, mine, no, that, and hi or hello but definitely not on a regular basis.  She also signs, more, eat, all done and milk.

The best part of the appointment is when he said she is more social than the average 15 month old. :)  She has really blossomed in the past few months.  She is a little cuddle bug, always hugging and kissing Gary and I, and she adores other kids.  Really, she adores people.  We definitely have a future social butterfly on our hands...class president 2027!

Her 15 month stats
Height 31.5 inches- 80th percentile (90th percentile adjusted!)
Weight 23.08 pounds- 65th percentile
Head- 45th percentile

She is getting longer and thinner (going up in the height percentile and down in the weight percentile)!

I know I always say it, but we really do just feel so blessed.  I want to pinch myself!  I STILL can't believe that I finally have my beautiful baby girl, and she is such a good baby with such a fun personality.  I don't know how we go so lucky.  I hear that we are in the "sweet spot" right now because she's at that really fun age, but she's not throwing tantrums or acting out ever really.  I just want to spend every second with her.  Good idea to keep a record of this time before the kicking and screaming tantrums start!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet...I loved this post.

    I took my little (ha) Truck in for his 9-month check-up yesterday and he weighed 25 lbs., 12 oz.!! And he is 30 inches tall. He is closing in on his 4-year-old sister. I think he has to slow down on the growth here soon.

    ReplyDelete