My Renovation Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

iPhone on Verizon

On February 10th, the iPhone will be available through Verizon.  I'm sure most people are super excited about this news, but me, not so much.  First of all, I'm perfectly pleased with my not so special Blackberry.  Second, I love the perfect cell service I receive from Verizon.  But mostly, I'm very worried that the gazillion people that will now move from the awful service of AT&T to Verizon will make my sweet little network no longer be so reliable!!  I clearly have the mentality of a 98 year old, who doesn't like change.  I admit it.

Tons (if not most?) of the attorneys I know have iPhones, and while they all say they love their phone, they all HATE the service.  I do too because about 85% of the time I'm talking to someone who is on an iPhone, the call gets dropped.  AT&T never had good service (I used to have it), but it seemed to get much worse with the introduction of the iPhone.  I know it's supposedly a combination of the the awful service along with problems with the phone (they claim the Verizon iPhone has the antenna in better location so the phone is better), but I'm a little concerned.

Despite all this, I will not say that I will never be the proud owner of an iPhone.  I claim to not like them because I like buttons.  I love buttons.  I don't want to press a screen.  I HATE using Gary's iPod touch.  My "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree" of a Blackberry gives me much more satisifaction.  On the other hand, I get green with envy when I'm stuck at an MSC in court, where there is no wireless access, and my Blackberry's little screen and slow download time makes internet surfing very frustrating, while my iPhone owning friends don't have to wait for a download and keep their eyesight in tact with a slightly larger screen.  I also love that my friends can show me 859 photos of their kids since they have ALL their photos on their iPhones, while I get to show them a blurry photo of Ella with one eye closed and naked because it's the photo I was able to capture on my BB! 

Who knows, if I end up owning one, I may learn to love it!  If anyone does get the Verizon iPhone, please let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment