My Renovation Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

A TWO Hour Tour...of the Pediatrician's Office

First and foremost, please explain to me WHY they make your pediatrician appointment at 2:50 when they clearly do not have an available appointment at 2:50 because they don't even take you back into the room until 3:35, and the doctor doesn't come in until 3:55??!!  UGH, it infuriates me.  I could have let Ella take her whole nap instead of waking her up after sleeping for only 30 minutes.  If I didn't love this office so much, I would at least change to one closer than 20 minutes away.

Back on topic...this morning around 8:30 I noticed a pea (maybe dime?) sized bump on Ella's left temple.  It wasn't red, and didn't bother her at all when I pushed on it hard.  So I ruled out zit, bug bite and even bump from falling since it didn't hurt her.  I was also with her all morning, and she didn't fall that I saw.

Anyway, it of course freaked me out, and I couldn't even concentrate at my mediation so I called the pediatrician, who could luckily get me in at 2:50...or, you know, 3:55.

When I woke her up from her nap at 2:25, the bump seemed a lot smaller, which made me feel kind of stupid and like I was overreacting, but it was still there so I went anyway.  After waiting over an hour, the doctor said she definitely doesn't think it's anything serious, and she really thinks Ella just hit her head without us seeing it.  Although I find it REALLY strange that she could hit her head hard enough to leave a bump without us knowing (wouldn't she scream?), I'll just take her word for it since it reduced in size.  She said to call her if it got bigger tomorrow.

The appointment wasn't a total bust though because:
(1) Our regular ped is on vacation so we had to see one of the other peds, and I loved her so that makes me feel really good for when we need a backup; and
(2) Gary and I got our whooping cough vaccines!  I've been meaning to do this (as should EVERYONE who has or is ever around children), but I kept forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment