My Renovation Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Homemade Baby Food?

I was never into making baby food...I just never thought it was necessary with all the healthy pre-made options out there...why spend the time, you know?  But now that Ella refuses to eat cut up vegetables, and I want to stop feeding her smooth purees (she's getting too old for that!), I decided to invent a little vegetable meal, and she loves it!  I used:

*Green beans (her favorite)
*Butternut squash
*Broccoli
*Zucchini
*Quinoa (gluten free and more protein than meat!)

I steamed just to al dente all the vegetables in the microwave, threw them in the food processor, added 1 tbsp. real butter, about 2-3 tbsp. parmesan cheese, the already steamed quinoa, a pinch of pepper and a pinch of salt and pureed until it was almost pureed but still thick and sort of chunky.  Easy, SUPER healthy, and she loves it! 

Since I have a whole tub of it, I hope she still likes it later.  My awesome eater is becoming SO finicky now!!!  Her favorite thing in the world are those Gerber cheese puff things.  Of course...she loves Cheetos (and cheese) just like mommy. ;)

Here is one of the LCBB pictures I took recently of a bunch of clips I haven't listed yet...coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment