My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Good Daddy

Look at those two.  Sweetness.  It's so easy to get caught up in the daily junk...take out the trash, make dinner, you need to do this, you need to that, that we don't always stop to appreciate the little things. 

I didn't have much doubt that Gary would be a great daddy because I don't think I've ever seen someone so hands on with and overprotective of a DOG, however, he has always been very awkward with children and freely admits that he had never changed a diaper or really even been around kids/babies. 

You always worry a little when you have a girl because so much of their confidence and self worth will come from their daddies.  Their heroes.  Their knights in shining armor.  And there is really nothing you can do about it...you can't force someone to be a good dad or *want* to spend time with their child.

Little did I know, I had zero to worry about.  Seeing how good he is with her, and how much he adores her melts my heart.  He loves being with her.  They are like little buddies.  He never complains when I go run errands for hours on end, or when I leave right when he gets home for a girl's night out.  And not just because he knows he 'has' to take care of her, but because he actually enjoys it.

It really is the little things in life.

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! Love that fish outfit! Gymboree goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew he would be a great Dad! Ella is a lucky girl to have both of you!

    ReplyDelete