My Renovation Blog

Monday, May 28, 2012

I Love Holiday Weekends


Even though we had to use the long weekend to do some not so fun things like car shopping and buying a new refrigerator (you know, because our only 6 year old one died), we had so much fun having grammy and pop pop visit and going to grandma and grandpa's house for a bbq!

I made my favorite True Food Kitchen Tuscan Kale Salad, but I accidentally put too much garlic and lemon in the dressing so it was VERY bitter and VERY garlic-y.  We discovered that Ella apparently loves excessive garlic and acidity because every time we turned around, she was standing on a water bottle sneaking kale salad!  What two year old eats kale salad?!!

Ella also had her very first corn on the cob!

While we were out to dinner this weekend, I had Everett on my lap, and Ella came over to sit on my lap too because she wanted to put her arm around her little brother. :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

2 comments:

  1. Having your hands full is sometimes such a great feeling, right? ;-) Are you going to share you Kale Salad recipe sometime?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost positive I posted the link to the kale salad recipe in my blog, but I can't find it! So here it is...
      http://www.truefoodkitchen.com/recipes/tuscan-kale-salad.php

      Delete