My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

[Not so Great] Pregnancy Update...

I had an OB appointment today (I'm 28w4d), and I was put on strict bedrest because she is VERY concerned about my excessive swelling.  That means I am only allowed to get up to go the bathroom and shower (she specifically said I can't even cook or do laundry!).  She also said I will not make it January (she set the c/s for 1-9-12, but it is a "fake" date)...I'm SO upset.  I cried on the way home. 

If my swelling does not go down, I will be hospitalized.  I'm not sure how long she will give it to go down, but I now have to see her every week so she'll be monitoring it closely.

I'm trying not be so upset, but (1) I absolutely CANNOT deal with having another preemie- it is way too stressful; (2) I do not want another nightmare delivery, especially one involving magnesium sulfate- the most evil drug in the world; and (3) these are the last months (weeks?) I have with just me and Ella, and *I* want to take care of her and spend every second I can with her- it makes me so sad to think that I will be stuck in bed during this time.

Don't even get me started on the fact that it is holiday time, and I want to sew, bake, have parties, etc.

To end on a positive note, I passed my gestational diabetes test- hurray!  There is currently no protein in my urine and my BP was 100 over 80 (although this doesn't mean much since pre-e hits hard and very suddenly).  Also, my OB did say that she has had patients with eclampsia at 25 weeks that she has hospitalized and kept the baby in for much longer.  This really makes me feel better since hopefully even if I do take a turn for the worse, she may be able to keep the baby in past 33 1/2 weeks like last time.

3 comments:

  1. I hope the bedrest does its thing and you aren't in bed until January. I am with you on point #2. Evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow....I'm so sorry you're going through this. Thank goodness you have a lot of support from your DH and parents and GS! Little F actually picked up hand,foot, mouth disease or whatever that's called from school. 3 other ones in infant room have it too. Otherwise, she seems to really like it there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went on bedrest at 28 weeks. It was awful, but I made it, and so will you! When I went off bed rest at 38 weeks, I thought, well, he will be born tomorrow. And a week and a half later, they induced me! He was 8lbs 8oz. Just remember that in the great scheme of things, it is a short short time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete