My Renovation Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

Craft & Sewing Extravaganza!

Thanks to pinterest, I've been feeling very inspired lately. Some recent projects...

This is so easy- I bought a pack of make your foam jack-o-lanterns at Joann. There were 25 or 30 in the pack. Then I bought the black foam letters, which have sticky on the back and the black ribbon, which I glue-gunned to the pumpkins. Since I had leftover, I made one for Ella's door.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I decided to try sewing with jersey knit...which is actually more difficult than you'd think, especially when you aren't using the right type of needle and you pick a VERY stretchy jersey! In any event, I think this jersey peasant dress turned out really cute...and it's SUPER soft.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Ella's Thanksgiving shirt.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Probably medium difficulty? More time consuming than difficult. I just cut out 2 circles on my Cricut to make the turkey shape in brown minky dot. I also traced that shape onto the location of the shirt where I wanted it using a sewing pen. Hand-sewed the face on (I don't have an embroidery machine). I made the each "feather" by just putting a dab of glue gun glue at the bottom and then affixed them where I wanted them on the shirt with double sided sewing tape. I then used the sticky paper to iron the turkey body on the shirt. Then used my zig zag stitch around the turkey body (again, this would be WAY easier if I had an embroidery machine- or even an embroidery stitch, which my machine doesn't have).

And finally, daddy's shirt dress. What baby girl doesn't want to wear her daddy's shirt?! Love it!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I think Gary is most excited about this dress since this was his favorite shirt, and he was SO sad when he got a big hole in it. Apparently so sad that he's been keeping it in his closet for months and months...usually he just throws them in the trash!

I'm thinking of maybe selling these for $25 (since I don't have to use my fabric), but then that would involve people sending me their shirts, and it's probably more trouble than it's worth.

1 comment: