My Renovation Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ella is TWO! (and baby is 27 weeks)

Ella at TWO

Height: 36 1/4" (95th percentile!!)
Weight: 28 lbs. (70th percentile)

Ella is in a size 6 diaper and between an 18-24month and 2T in clothes.  She is a good eater, but definitely loves snacky foods (just like mommy!).  Her favorite vegetables are broccoli and green beans.  We still don't give her juice, but she loves water and LOVES milk.  I'm not sure what her favorite food is, but she does ask for cupcakes (which she calls pancakes) often, which is pretty funny since we generally don't allow her to have sweets yet so she's only had them maybe 3 or 4 times!

She still doesn't scream or throw screaming tantrums (but does sometimes just sit down), and every time I hear a child screaming in the store, I feel SO fortunate that Ella has never once done that (yet!).  She is very confident, friendly and outgoing, but she will get shy.  In stores, she will say "hi" to every person that walks by, but if someone says hi to her first, she tends to get shy.  She can get a little pushy with her friends and don't even think about sitting on her chair!  She is definitely starting to push limits and test us, but she just laughs when you put her in time-out (this is a problem!).  The most regular thing she get placed in time-out for is hitting, kicking or pulling the hair of Rylee.  So far, I don't have much to complain about.  She is so happy, and I LOVE being with her.  She constantly makes us laugh.  Our lives must have been so boring before her!

She is FINALLY becoming more of a mama's girl!  It only took 2 years. ;)  Of course she still adores her daddy, but she often prefers me in the mornings and late afternoons, which is a change.  She is definitely more clingy and cuddly than she used to be, but she is still fiercely independent.

Her favorite toys by far are her baby dolls.  They are pretty much all she plays with.  She will lay them all face down on the floor and put blankets entirely covering them (it looks a bit scary in our house).  She pushes them around in her shopping carts and stroller as well.  She also loves books, and Llama Llama books are her favorites right now.

She is talking up a storm and understands EVERYTHING.  We need to remember that more often.

When we were going through the infertility years, I would often ask why we were being punished.  Why we weren't able to have a baby.  What did we do to deserve this?  Now I know that we were meant to wait for Ella to come into our lives.  She is our everything.

Pregnancy/ Baby

I'm starting to not feel good at all.  I'm swelling up all the time and generally don't feel good.  It's REALLY hard taking care of toddler while pregnant and swollen.  I'm getting really paranoid that I'm getting pre-e again because of the swelling, but my blood pressure is still low.

We had a perinatologist appointment today, and baby weights 1 lb. 15oz. (I'll be 27 weeks tomorrow).  At first they said his abdomen was measuring small, but they thought it was due to position (i.e. they couldn't get a great measurement).  The doctor measured again after the tech and got a better measurement so I think all is good, but I couldn't tell because he was saying it's nothing to worry about now...I was thinking, well when DO you worry about it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment