My Renovation Blog

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Seriously, We Should Be on Cops...

Reason #1: On Tuesday, I had to call POISON CONTROL.  That's right, my child is barely one, and I've already called poison control.  Little octopus arms got a small bottle of Lancome eye makeup remover off my makeup table, opened it (how?) and either drank it or poured it on herself...I caught her right as she finished so I only saw a wet chin and wet clothes.  There was only about a tablespoon in the bottle anyway, but still...

I immediately put my finger all the way down her throat to make her vomit, which she did, but was NOT happy about.  I then gave her some milk to coat her stomach and was going to call it a day, but I couldn't find the ingredients online so I figured I better call to be safe.

First he told me that they "don't recommend" making them vomit (uh, why?  I'd do it again if she ingested something toxic) but that milk was good.  He looked up the ingredients (where did he find them?  I looked everywhere online!) and informed me that there is nothing toxic in Lancome Bi-Facil makeup remover.  Good to know.

The worst part was that they take your first and and last name and phone number so I was joking that they are probably going to report me to CPS. ;)

But wait, it gets better...

Reason #2: The cops showed up at our house tonight.  For real.  Ella had been playing with our home phone earlier in the evening.  While we were eating dinner, someone called us about 5 times in a row, but we didn't answer because we were eating dinner and figured it was a political call (anyone else would just call our cell phones).  Next thing we know, our doorbell rings repeatedly, Gary answers the door, and a cop is standing there asking if we are okay because someone called 911 from our home phone.  They tried to call us many times, but no one answered so they had to come out.  Nice...hope the neighbors caught a glimpse of the cops at our door.

Does anyone else have the tasmanian devil as a child?  Anything she gets near turns into a disaster...if she enters a room, within about 12 seconds, she has pulled every pair of underwear and socks out of the drawer; throws every single item she can reach onto the floor; pushes every button she can find (whether it be a phone, remote or calculator); rips any piece of paper, book or magazine she sees; drink, eats or puts in her mouth anything she can open, tip over or fit in...and she does it all with a smile on her face!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like it's been a fantastic week so far! :) So glad Ella is okay though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! I had to call poison control once when i mistakenly gave my child an entire bottle of antibiotics (could've sworn it said 2 tablespoons...um, no, 2 teaspoons!!). He was fine. I felt horrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! All in a day's work, Mommy. All in a day's work. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't feel bad... we had to call Poison Control last year! Ava grabbed a bottle of Children's Benadryl (which I hadn't locked properly) and drank some!!! They assured me she would just fall asleep and took our name, number and ped's name. I got a call later in the evening from my ped... apparently they contacted her office. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post made me laugh out loud! :)

    ReplyDelete