My Renovation Blog

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ella's Sweet Shoppe- Candy Theme First Birthday Party

A reminder of the invitation...
Photobucket

Courtesy of Image 32 Photography...

As you walked up, we had two gigantic lollipops (made by parents) with cute signs above that said "Ella's Sweet Shoppe" (she didn't get a photo of the signs, and I've since thrown them away!)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

As you walked through the entrance, there were food tables on either side, two round tables in the center and a candy table straight back...plus tons of tissue flowers hanging from above!

There were no good photos of the whole area, but here is the general idea...you can barely see the center tables, which had white tablecloths with cute red striped overlays that I made...
Photobucket
Centerpieces (I lined the glass containers with the paper from her invitations and used hydrangeas, roses and lollipops)...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

My "theme" colors were red, pink and blue...we did the tissue flowers in those colors...
Photobucket

Some of the food...vegetable crudite in glass containers, goldfish and pita chips.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

The Happy Birthday Ella banner I made, which hung above the candy table...
PhotobucketPhotobucket
A close-up photo I took, but it doesn't show the true colors...
Photobucket

The candy table with a blue and white pinstriped background, that I made with grosgrain across the top to hang...
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I made all kinds of cupcake toppers, but they wouldn't fit on the cupcake stand!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
I had glassine candy bags, and I made little stickers that said "Thanks for making my party so SWEET!"
Photobucket
Close-up I took of a full bag...
Photobucket

On either side of the candy table were the monthly photos of Ella...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

There are little foot high bushes that surround the cupola area, and I made big lollipops that said "Ella's Sweet Shoppe" to place in the bushes surrounding the whole area...
Photobucket
Photo I took of all three colors...
Photobucket

Pink, red and blue balloons on the benches surrounding the park...
Photobucket

There was a tree surrounded by a bench on the grassy area, so I made that "Ella's Candy Tree" and hung giant "candies" that we made with styrofoam balls all over the tree...
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The gift table (my mom wrapped up that entire buggy and put presents all inside, including Raggedy Andy driving!)...
Photobucket

The whole fam...
Photobucket

And finally, the star of the show!
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We also had a huge blanket laid out with four giant pillows with lollipops that I painted on them, but there were no photos!

4 comments:

  1. I love everything about Ella's party! You did an AMAZING job and you put so much detail in to everything. So sad we missed it. You need to show me how to do some of that on the computer! Ella will be so amazed at what a wonderful first birthday she had! Can you plan Logan's 3rd birthday party? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! AMAZING party!!! Everything turned out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just followed your blog from CC - now I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your posts if they are as creative as this one. Good job!

    ~adamseve

    ReplyDelete
  4. This candy themed first birthday is simply adorable. Those centerpieces are main attraction of the event. I also hosted a grand party on my daughter’s first birthday at local San Francisco venues. My girl was looking so cute in her frozen themed princess dress.

    ReplyDelete