My Renovation Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Top 10 Reasons My Dog is the COOLEST

I feel like Rylee gets no props anymore because it's all about Ella all the time, but she IS our first baby, and she's just as much a part of the family as any human. So here are the top 10 reasons why Rylee is just the coolest:

(10) She was potty trained in a week;

(9) She never has accidents in the house, and even if we've forgotten to take her out since the afternoon and then go to bed (I know, we're horrible parents sometimes), and she has to poop, she takes her tired little butt all the way downstairs to make sure she goes on the hardwood floors so it's easy cleanup (how brilliant is this dog?!);

(8) She was never ever a chewer, even as a puppy (my shoes and furniture thank her);

(7) She has mastered 10 tricks- sit, stay, lie down, play dead, roll over, turn around, dance, shake, high five and high ten;

(6) When she walks around or runs with her mouth open, it looks like she's smiling at you, and every single time we go to the dog park, at least one person says, "oh my gosh, that dog is smiling at me!";

(5) She has the coolest underbite ever...take that bulldogs;

(4) She has one of the sweetest dispositions I've ever seen in a dog, which means she is always happy, she loves everybody and no matter how many chunks of fur Ella rips out, she only ever licks her hand;

(3) She is so in love with Gary and I that if at all possible, she will sit exactly equidistant between the two of us, and in the best situation, make sure she can see us both from where she is sitting;

(2) She has a guilty conscious so that whenever she has done something she's not supposed to do (like eat the cat's food) she walks right into the room with her ears back and tail between her legs...the fun part is trying to figure out what she did!;

(1) She is, without question, the cutest dog that ever lived...and I say that with complete impartiality. ;)

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that she's not perfect...she eats the cat's food, she eats the cat's poop out of the litter box on occasion, she barks like crazy when someone comes over because she gets so excited, she pulls my arm off when we go for a walk, she begs for food like we haven't fed in her in a month...but eh, we'll keep her!

No comments:

Post a Comment