My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

No Baby is Perfect

You know those parents that are like, "oh I'm so lucky, my baby is so good, such an easy baby, never cries, blah, blah"?  Uh huh, right.  I have said similarly annoying things because I do have a good baby, but don't let them (us?) fool you...every.single.baby has THOSE days.

The day started out well.  I even dressed E up in her 80's Superstar outfit with her Blondie onesie, her white legwarmers and a headband, which she thought was pretty funny (how Flashdance fabulous does she look?)!
Shortly after that photo, she went down for her second nap from which she woke up EARLY and SCREAMING.  It was pretty much over from then...crying and fussing for the rest of the day.  I have to say, my good easy baby is becoming not so easy!  She's in this stage now where she (a) is much more aware and has realized she'd rather hang out with mommy and daddy because let's face it, we're cool, so she sometimes screams when he put her to bed (luckily for not very long), and (b) she sometimes wakes up screaming in the middle of her naps and cries for a loooong time before falling back to sleep.  Where did this come from?

But the silver lining was that despite the fact that Rylee acts like a jealous fool when it comes to Ella, she really does love her.  When Ella was crying uncontrollably while laying on the bed, Rylee was very concerned, came over to sit with Ella and even put her little paw on Ella's belly to make her feel better...
Now, if Ella continues with this odd behavior, it's going to make for a very interesting trip to Vegas!

ETA: Of course at 5 when she wakes up from her 3rd nap, she turns into her normal happy self just in time for Gary to come home and think I'm crazy and say that it's because she knew he was coming home :rolleyes:

2 comments:

  1. Every baby and child has those days. Though I'd say that Logan has more bad days than good. Just wait until Ella starts crawling. Then the fun really begins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, I love that outfit!! I am totally getting payback for saying how EASY Baby Z was in the early days. It is like he hit 2 weeks and decided night time is the right time for play time. Sooo sleepy.

    ReplyDelete