My Renovation Blog

Sunday, January 31, 2010

First Day at Church

A brand new Catholic church was recently built right by our house.  I'm so excited to have one close by, and Ella went to church for the first time today!
 
It really shouldn't have been her first time because she should be baptized by now, but we're working on it!  Ella was an angel in church...she didn't make a peep and loved looking at all the people.  She doesn't mind all the attention she gets either. ;)  The church was packed, and I'm really looking forward to getting involved and meeting some new friends!

After church we went to brunch at Sidestreet Cafe...again!  I want to get into the habit of going to church and then brunch on Sundays.  It's so fun, and hopefully we can have friends join us for brunch sometimes.  Of course, G has already reminded me that next Sunday is his very own holy day of sorts...the SuperBowl...so no brunch for me.

After brunch, we took Rylee to the dog park.  Ella LOVED it.  I had her on my lap instead of in her carseat (which is the only way she's been to the dog park before), and she was fascinated by all the dogs.  When a bunch of them came and played right in front of us, she was smiling and laughing!  I think it's the first time she has actually really laughed.  Oh, it was so cute.  I'm happy she's a dog lover like her mommy. :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you have a church nearby! I love going to brunch after mass. We used to do it when we lived in Maine. Now we just have cinnamon rolls (which isn't bad either!) when we get home.

    ReplyDelete