My Renovation Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Maui Day No. Three 10/21/15

We slept in a little later today...5:30 a.m. I think!  We went to Kihei Caffe for breakfast because I read it's the best local breakfast place.  It's a hole in the wall with chickens roaming around while you eat outside.  The pancakes were delicious, and they have this coconut syrup that is probably the best thing I've ever tasted for breakfast!!  I would go just for that. We also got the traditional Hawaiian breakfast- rice, a meat patty, an egg and gravy.  It was gross- but it's very traditional, and if you like that type of thing, I'm sure it's really good.  

We went back to the hotel to swim and grabbed lunch from Caffe Ciao Deli (note that kids do NOT eat free here, which I didn't realize!).  They have a bunch of pre-made sandwiches and salads.  It was fine.

After lunch, my parents took the kids to the other side of the island so Gary and I actually got to have a few drinks at the swim up pool bar!  I highly recommend- it was so relaxing with no kids around, drinking in the pool, talking to other adults.  We got dressed for dinner and had some drinks at the hotel bar with an amazing view and then headed to Nick's Fish Market for dinner.  SO DELICIOUS.  We split the Maui Wowie salad, Gary had the filet (he loved it), I had the potato crusted mahi mahi (amazing) and then we shared the "Chocolate Decadence" for dessert- some kind of chocolate mousse bomb with ice cream...you must try this dessert.

Then it was time for another early bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment