My Renovation Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Maui Day No. Four 10/22/15

We were all up at 5 a.m. today (why can't we get on Hawaii time?!). We decided to eat at the Kea Lani Restaurant again, but this time, the hostess pointed out that the kids can get the breakfast buffet for free!!  I thought they could only order off the menu for free- why did we not know this?!  Best deal in town because there is everything they could possibly imagine, and I think after my kids hit the buffet, they might change the policy- I swear I had never seen them eat so much for breakfast!!  Eggs, sausage, bacon, waffles, melon, pineapple, yogurt with granola, blueberries and strawberries AND a bowl of cereal each.

After breakfast we left for the Iao Valley State Park.  It's a beautiful rain forest with little paved hiking trails- we did them all!  It only takes maybe 20-30 minutes to do all the little trails.  I think it's definitely worth the drive (about 40 minutes from Wailea). 
The Iao Needle (clearly, I didn't get a good shot!)...
I realize I look like an oompa loompa- I did have tanner soaking in, but I swear it didn't look so orange in person!

On the way back, we met my parents at a craft fair in Kihei that had great souvenirs at great prices.  Lots of jewelry, shells, dresses, sarongs, hair clips.

We came back to the hotel and had lunch at the pool restaurant, Ama, which is just basic pool food, burgers, salads, etc at very high prices (as usual).  Our burger was $21.  And came with chips.  Because we didn't pay the EXTRA $3 for fries.  At least the kids got giant turkey sandwiches with fruit and veggies for free, and the view was amazing!
After Everett's nap, my parents took the kids to a goat farm (???), and then we all met at Mama's Fish House in Paia.  Gary and I went there on our honeymoon 10 years ago!
They have the softest most delicious bread- I seriously could have just eaten 5 loaves of that and called it a night.  Then they bring you a complimentary amuse bouche, which was an asparagus lobster bisque I guess?  Whatever it was, it was amazing.  Luckily Ella didn't like it so I got hers too. :)

My mom ordered a bouillabaisse broth with mahi mahi and shrimp...omg...quite possibly the best soup I've ever had in my entire life.  I ordered the opah- it was good, not great.  But the location of Mama's is so beautiful- I'll probably go back every time we're in Maui!  Just know that's it's pretty pricey ($68 for a filet!), but they do have a kids menu...and the best bread on the island. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment