My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

More Big Girl Room Talk- Bedding

Well, I found a fabric I love to make a duvet for Ella's BGR (think Ella the Elephant, even though that's not what it is)...
With this as contrasting fabric...

HOWEVER, I think I've talked myself out of making the duvet. Despite the fact I love this fabric, it doesn't come wide enough so you have to cut and sew together three panels, which is really 6 panels since there are 2 sides, and having to buy all that fabric will cost over $100 JUST for the duvet- this doesn't include any extra fabric for pillows and window seat covers. Doesn't that sound like a lot for something I'll have to spend HOURS sewing??

Now I'm kind of resigned to the idea of buying something already made that I probably won't *love*. Probably something along the lines of this from PB...
I'm not in love with it, but I like that it's roses for Ella Rose.  I'd prefer if the blue was more of an aqua or Tiffany blue rather than baby blue.  These are the sheets...

The other choice is from the Shabby Chic collection at Target ( http://www.target.com/dp/B003KQUQGO/ref=sc_qi_img_viewdetails?ie=UTF8&title=view%20full%20details )...the best parts about it are that it is very inexpensive, and the background color is more of an aqua-ish green, but it's hydrangeas instead of roses. :(  These are the sheets, which I actually love: http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Mon-Sheet/dp/B003KR6DBA/ref=sc_qi_collection_item_0?ie=UTF8&altString=Simply%20Shabby%20Chic%26%23174%3B%20Mon%20Ami%20Sheet%20Set%20-%20Pink

I'm thinking it will be worth saving all the time and money.  Especially since I have to sew the very large drapery panels for our master bedroom and Ella's birthday dress with a new pattern that isn't a quick sew.  Plus, the floral prints are more in line with what I thought I originally wanted to make the room very girly unlike her nursery.

1 comment:

  1. For the rest of your style for the room, I LOVE the Target one! Super cute. Kind of a bummer that it isn't roses, but I think that's okay. It is adorable!

    ReplyDelete