My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Big Girl Room...Continued

I feel like there will be a lot of these posts!  I'm definitely getting more inspired.  Here are my thoughts today...I think we will definitely do very light pink on the walls.  I can't find bedding I like so I'm going to head downtown to Michael Levine's and see what I can find in terms of fabric to make her bedding.

I think I'm sold on the Ikea iron bed...I just haven't seen anything else that comes close to it, and you can't beat the price!

I'm going to have Gary and my dad do storage like this on the wall with the large window- the only problem is that the window in our room is not centered so the unit will have to be bigger on one side than the other.  I think a little window seat will be adorable (except that I'll also have to make a window seat cushion in coordinating fabric as if I don't have enough to do!).
I'm still not sure about color besides light pink.  I guess the bedding will be the final determination, however, I'm thinking of possibly either doing a shade of Tiffany blue similar to this (and I would paint her dresser that color, which I'm hoping to find at a flea market!).
I feel like you don't see light pink with Tiffany blue/aqua...it's usually either red, orange or hot pink so it would be something different.

Although I'm not a huge fan of the pink and green color combo (there is nothing wrong with it, I just overused it in the past and got sick of it), I do love me some apple green, and I'm actually loving the contrast in this photo of the light pink and apple green...

Oh, and I'm a member of pinterest now, but I can't figure it out...how the heck do you find anything on there??????

No comments:

Post a Comment