My Renovation Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Solid Food

 I think I've mentioned that Ella was not doing too well with rice cereal.  She was getting a little better at it, but then at the beginning of this week, she started screaming and crying when I tried to feed her rice cereal and pushing all of it out of her mouth.

A few people suggested mixing in fruits or vegetables with the rice cereal, but I didn't want to start her on other foods until she mastered eating rice cereal.  I gave her 2 days off, and then gave in yesterday and bought some organic carrot baby food- she loved it!  Then, I completely forgot you're supposed to wait a few days before introducing another new food, and I gave her avocado mixed with banana, which she also loved!  Now I feel like an idiot for introducing more than one food in a day, but hopefully we won't have any allergic reaction, and I'll do that for the rest of the new foods.  It's been 24 hours and still no reaction, so hopefully we're in the clear.

Here's a tip...don't feed your baby carrots RIGHT before nap time because then when she inevitably puts her hands in her mouth thereby getting food all over her hands, she also gets food in her eyes and in her nose from rubbing them due to being tired.  Way to go mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment