My Renovation Blog

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Busy Weekend...

We had Lindley, Steve and Logan over for dinner on Saturday night...it was so much fun!  It was gorgeous outside so we ate in the backyard, and Logan was so happy and adorable running all over the yard.  Lindley made a delicious chocolate cake that seriously tastes like restaurant cake...yum!  What could be better than friends, wine and chocolate? ;)

On Sunday morning, I met up with some of the girls from my mom's group for breakfast at Champagne Bakery.  I love love love the mommy and me events we do, but it's also so nice to meet up without the kiddos!  We had such great conversation.  We're going to plan some couples events and happy hours, and I think we're going to do a pool day at our pool.  So many of the girls live really close to us, and it's so fun to meet new friends!

 In the afternoon, Gary, Ella and I went to Irvine Regional Park to meet up with our "Parents with Cameras" group.  I cannot believe that we have never been there before!  It's only about 5 minutes from our house, and it's awesome!  There are acres and acres of park, a lake, a zoo, a train, pony rides, hay rides and for Easter, the Easter Bunny, an egg hunt, cookie decorating, etc.  Ella is going to LOVE this place when she gets a little bigger!  I took tons of photos and realized how desperately I need to practice.

Ella saw her first pony...












And sat on a tree...












And turned into a chocolate bunny...












And was generally very happy to be at the park on a beautiful day!

1 comment: