My Renovation Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

16 Months Old

PhotobucketPhotobucket

My baby girl is 16 months old today! I've been doing mini-updates so there is not much new to report.

She is definitely entering the "terrible two's", but after some change in our attitudes, working on redirecting and rarely saying "no", she seems to be much better behaved! We still have the occasional sit on the floor and whine when I don't get my way behavior, but it has been greatly reduced...still no full blown tantrums! Yay! And still never a meltdown in public (I'm so dreading the day that that happens).  She really just gets cuter everyday- I'm so in love with her personality.  She makes the cutest faces, and her smile makes me melt.  The other day we were listening to a little hip hop in the car, and I said "dance baby!" so she started GROOVING in her carseat!  The people next to us at the light probably thought we were crazy both dancing in the car. ;)

She still isn't talking a ton, unless you count saying "dadadadadadada" over and over talking a lot! She loves her daddy! Everything else she says is fairly infrequently and reserved mostly for when you ask her to say it (if she's in a good mood). Although we *think* she has said lots and lots of words, she will say them once and never again so we're not sure if she really said them. Her words are:
*dog
*Rylee (ra ra)
*mama (she'll say it once if you ask her to, and then when she realizes she said it, she says "DA DA!")
*down
*Popple
*moo
*belly
*hi
*hello
*bye bye

She will also try to mimic the sound when you say a word she doesn't know.  Many times, we've said things like, "say bush" and she'll say "ush" so at least she's trying!  Still in a size 4 diaper, 18 month clothes, and probably between and size 4 and 5 in shoes.

I bought her a really cute Valentine's Day tutu, but I couldn't find a shirt I liked, plus I prefer tutus to be worn with onesies since shirts won't stay tucked in.  So while she was playing outside today, I whipped this up to wear for V-Day! I think it turned out pretty cute! I intended on making hair clips with similar felt hearts for V-Day, but of course I didn't do them in time. I need more hours in the day. :)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment